We believe each of our students will find a passion — something they love and have a gift to do – finding and pursuing this gift we call the Hero’s Journey. Our mission is to equip our students with the skills and tools they will need to find and pursue their life’s purpose. During the transformative Middle School years, we inspire our young people to develop independent thinking, strong friendships, leadership skills, and pursue their work with integrity.
Our Middle School students take control of their learning
Work on difficult real-world Quests. Learn to calculate, write and think more deeply.
Students develop a positive self-identity surrounded by friends who will support them.
Find a calling
Learners explore their gifts and passions through apprenticeships which provide opportunity to develop real world skills.
Working hard. Having fun. Preparing to change the world.
21st Century Learning
- The latest in educational technology for self-paced mastery of reading, writing and math skills.
- Deep Socratic discussions about heroes, history and self-governance to hone critical thinking skills and the ability to powerfully think, write and speak.
- Hands-on project based Quests to master the tools and skills needed to solve problems in the real world.
- Written promises and covenants that form a tightly bound community of individuals learning to form authentic friendships and honestly resolve interpersonal problems.
Show The World What You Can Do
Audition to join an extraordinary team.
Discover your gifts and passions and use them to find a calling.
Take control of your life, so you’ll never again be trapped in an ordinary place.
Young heroes celebrate the mastery of tools, skills and character by earning badges, assembling portfolios and taking part in public exhibitions.
- Parents use badges to track academic progress in Core Skills like reading, writing, math and spelling and character development in “Learn to Be” Badges.
- Electronic and hard copy Portfolios capture rough drafts, photos, video and other creative work.
- Public exhibitions at the end of most Quests allow young heroes to present work to experts, customers or the public for a real world test.
Why audition for Acton Academy?
Acton Academy is a place for extraordinary people to focus on their passion and learn at their own pace. Learners work hard and play hard.
Most schools solicit applications; we’re a learning community that only accepts commitments from young people who believe they are going to change the world. Middle School applicants need to prove themselves because we only have a few spots, reserved for committed learners. We need a promise from each student that they will work hard and never give up.